Thursday, December 20, 2007

Carling Cup Semifinals

The Carling Cup semifinal draw was made last night after Chelsea's 2-0 win over Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

The semifinal round will be contested over two legs, with the team that scores the most goals over both games advancing to the final. The exact dates have yet to be determined but the matches will be played during the weeks of January 7 and 21.

Semifinal matchups:
Chelsea vs. Everton
Arsenal vs. Tottenham

The North London rivalry between Arsenal and Tottenham should make for an exciting two legs and I could see either team moving on to the final, though if I had to pick one, I would go with Spurs. My heart says Everton will knock off Chelsea to advance but my head says Chelsea will find a way to grind out a victory at Stamford Bridge and get a draw at Goodison Park. Chelsea are the favorites to win this competition now in my opinion and if they do so, they would successfully defend the title they won last year under José Mourinho.

No comments: