Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Want You..To Join English Soccer Talk's Fantasy League for Euro 2008

As you all know, both from my previews here (Group D's will be out later today, with my knockout round predictions early next week) and from coverage elsewhere, Euro 2008 is right around the corner.

I get comments on my posts and E-mails all the time from readers saying that I know nothing about the beautiful game, I'm too young to know what I'm talking about, blah blah blah, all that good stuff. That's fine, I can deal with that, and you're entitled to your own opinions.

With that in mind, I'm sure you'd all like a chance to prove me wrong and show that you can beat me in something. Here's your opportunity.

Sign up for the official fantasy game of Euro 2008 and prove just how superior you are by getting more points than me. I'll be in two leagues, the EPLTalk.com league, run by our friends over at EPL Talk, and my own league here at English Soccer Talk.

It's free and easy to register, so just follow a few easy steps:

1. Visit http://en.fantasy.euro2008.uefa.com

2. If you’ve registered in the past for the Champions League fantasy game, just login. But if you haven’t registered before, click the “Register” link underneath the McDonald’s logo.

3. After you’ve logged in and/or registered, pick your team (one goalie, 10 field players, one substitute)

4. After selecting all 12 players on your team, click on the “Leagues” link on the top navigation bar underneath the word “Rules”

5. Finally, in the “Join a Private League” section, enter the following code to join the English Soccer Talk private league: 26373-5432

The game rules and point scoring methods are all there for you to keep in mind when selecting your team, and it'll be a fun time. Again, here's your chance to make me look dumb, something I know you all are interested in doing.

No comments: