Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another Random Sight

Alright, so again, I'm sitting on the couch watching soccer this morning (no pizza this time though), and I see something else a bit out of the ordinary. For those of you watched Manchester United humble a Blackburn side that believes they can crack the top four, you may know what I'm talking about.

I can't exactly remember the situation but in the first half for some reason, the camera cut to a close-up of the back of David Bentley's jersey. Yes, it's spelled Bentley. However, the equipment managers or whoever puts the players' names on the backs of their jerseys must've missed the memo, as today it was spelled Betnley.

Goodness me. What is going on across the pond these days?? First they take the viewers away from the end of a passionate, exciting derby, now they can't even spell a player's name right. I would understand it if possibly the guy's last name was Johnson and they spelled it Jonson or something like that, but "Betnley" doesn't even make phonetic sense.

Oh you silly Brtis. Get it?

No comments: